No products in the cart.
There are so many different kinds of pipes out there nowadays. Creative smokers will make pipes out of anything, including fruit and even a hot dog! (Yes, that would probably taste disgusting. I wouldn’t recommend making a hot dog pipe….) There are a few tried and true options for the best smoking experience; you can use pipes made from glass, wood or metal. In this post we will discover what the pros and cons of using each type of pipe are.
Glass is probably the most widely used method seeing as it is easy to make and is very affordable. Here are the pros and cons to this type of pipe:
- Pros: Readily available, inexpensive, easy to clean, does not disrupt the flavor of tobacco, comes in really cool colors and shapes for every style, can be used to make a variety of different types such as water pipes and one hitters. The glass pipes made today are pretty strong and most will survive a minor drop.
- Cons: Breakable if dropped or hit too hard, most are not very discreet with size and color, difficult to travel with due to fragility and size.
Wood is not as popular but does have pros over glass pipes:
- Pros: Generally made to be very small and discreet, some are fold-able for easy traveling, potentially will alter the flavor of the tobacco in a positive way, unique designs that make cool gifts, sometimes accompanied with a mini stash spot too.
- Cons: Not easy to clean, will wear with use, will potentially alter the flavor of the tobacco, tend to be small, not very common to find for purchase.
Metal is an inexpensive, easy to find option that gets the job done:
- Pros: Cheap, easy to find, discreet shape and size, many come with an “oven” on top to keep the matter burning, comes in various colors and shapes, can be taken apart which makes it easy to clean.
- Cons: Generally small bowl sizes, can get really hot when smoking and cause potential for burns, does not last quite as long as glass or wood, flavors the tobacco sometimes unpleasantly, hits can be harsher because metal heats up quickly and holds onto the heat.
Manchester Adult Life Styles has many different options for glass, wood or metal pieces. We also carry tools and solutions to clean all kinds of devices. Come into our shop today at 179 Elm Street, Manchester, NH 03101 and talk with one of our friendly staff members to pick out a piece that suits your needs.
-Written By Dani Peasley, a freelance writer and fine artist from Contoocook, NH. Dani can be reached through email at firstname.lastname@example.org